Saturday 29 August 2020

Catch Up

A couple of weeks since my last update and Ive had a couple of overnight trips out into the Dales with the camera & even a flying visit back to Scotland to see the folks, all good at the moment & really enjoying the walking & getting away from all the day to day hustle & bustle of work & everyday life.

This trip I unexpectedly got caught up in a white out with fog on the tops but now & again it opened up for some marvellous views.


On the way up the low clouds rushing over hangingstone scar.

Whats not to like with views like this whilst sitting next to the summit cairn on High Seat & the only folk I saw the full day were 2 elderly walkers right at the base of the hill.





The view from my overnight stop looking across to Wild Boar fell.












Back down to ground level & a tip off about a photo opportunity that wasnt in France as some might expect but slap back in the centre of the Yorkshire Dales.












and couldn't go back to Scotland without at least getting one waterfall shot in with all the rain we have had recently.







One of my old fishing haunts and although I never had the rod with me it was still nice to sit & watch the occasional small trout rise to the insects being blown onto the water.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs George. Solo camping too, I used to love that in Wales, walk to an isolated lake then fish the evening and morning with my then little Jack Russell, Pike, for Company. We had some great conversations about the landscape, painters, fast jets and awkward trout. All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, Yep cant beat wild camping, away from the mad crowds but unlike a lot recently I take all my stuff away & leave no trace. I've found a few places where Covid campers have been & Im disgusted at the state they left things. Hope your keeping well, best regards George

      Delete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.