Thursday 29 April 2021

Sleeping Elephants

 Another weekend where the rivers were on their bones & to be honest when its like this time is short on the river so to utilise the time I had available to me I headed to the hills again.

After a little bit of background research I headed to a place I'd always driven by & took no notice of so decided to give it a bash & I was very pleasantly surprised, as the famous artist & writer Wainwright said of them a herd of sleeping elephants, and you can see why by some of the photographs.




The large sleeping elephant at the end of the Dale






The hike in from the car was simply stunning, everywhere I looked I wanted to explore but I had set myself a goal to achieve so had to press on to achieve it but I will certainly be back to explore all the other places I seen.



After 3 hours of Hiking I finally seen my target which I wanted to achieve which was the highest point in this particular range at 2217 feet







After a brief rest my 2nd place I wanted to see & spend the night at was an old sheep fold which had been rebuilt as a memorial to the foot & mouth crisis the area had & with my accommodation sorted for the night it was time to get fed & watered.





Darkness soon fell & the scenery was just as lovely at night as it was during daylight hours.







Next morning it was up early, pack away & leave no trace I had ever been there. I had chosen to take another route back to the car which turned out to be just as stunning as the walk in.






On stopping for a break on the walk back I sat and watched a deer come almost all the way up to me eating some then moving on and eating again before she finally went out of sight.




And before I knew it I had covered the distance back to the car and headed home to reality, totally refreshed at the fact I was in such stunning scenery & I had seen a total of 4 people throughout my 2 days trip & they were all at a far distance away. 
Now what shall I do next week!



4 comments:

  1. absolutely stunning photographs mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you whoever you are, I wish you lot would tell me who you are, simply put your name at the beginning or end ....lol

      Delete
  2. That's a corking piece

    BureBoi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy, It was great fun at the time & I will be back again soon over there for more wanderings.

      Delete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.