Sunday 9 May 2021

In the Woods

 With torrential rain for almost all of Saturday, that was the today's planned fishing trip pretty much written off as the river being well above the fishable level I have set for the particular stretch I fish then it was to be a day of something else today. 

Also carrying a foot injury I couldn't hike my usual distances up into the hills so I was sitting wondering what I could be doing when I remembered a small wood close to our home that the bluebells should be flowering by now so with camera in hand off I set to see what I could find.


I wasnt to be disappointed, nature at its best.




An hour or so wandering around the wood finding a few compositions before heading home to chill & take the weight off my feet.














4 comments:

  1. Terrific pics as always George - life-affirming even. Glad to see you back on the water btw. Hopefully the old magic will return. I found myself somewhat unenthusiastic after lockdown, but am working on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I had planned on going fishing again last weekend but the heavens opened, so had planned again for this weekend but by the looks of things the heavens are opening yet again...lol, looks like a day on the hills again as after all skin is waterproof...:)

      Delete
  2. Great photos again. Bluebells in full swing our local woods as well, but the camera phone never does them justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Toodle as always your kind words appreciated.

      Delete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.