Saturday 21 May 2022

Striding Out

 Managed to sneak away & get a night out where I could just switch off & forget everything, so headed to the far reaches of the Dales to a place I haven't visited before, after crossing over into Cumbria to park the car I walked back across the county lines and up into the hills.



On the way up I came across this sea of yellow, the gorse bushes in full bloom.







The view up Dukerdale 

I hadn't seen a soul for the full duration of the walk until  something caught my eye high above.


Surfing the thermals.







Couple of hours walking and my destination came into eye shot, 9 Standard Rigg.


9 stone cairns some over 10ft high sitting up on the fells at a height of 2,172ft, dating some 800 years but recently been refurbished.



Looking back on the cairns from the marker which was erected for the weeding of Charles & Diane by the Kirby Stephen Rescue team.






The top of the marker cairn showing what you can see all around with heights & names of the far & near places on the horizon.



Sunset, full moon & chilling cant get any better.









The walk back out next morning heading back across into Cumbria to collect the car



All I can say is they have some funny looking sheep in Cumbria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.