Monday 7 June 2021

Home at Last

 Finally,  we are allowed to travel so my first trip was back to Scotland to see my family which I haven't seen in almost 14 months, it was great to get back up home & see family & friends and although only for a couple of days it was just great to get away. 

One place which is less than 30 minutes drive from my family home & I haven't bothered with before is Finnich Glen, which was made more famous recently after the programme Outlander did some shooting there, so decided to go see what it was all about. 

Some say the rock is where the devil stood to address his followers, the crimson current swirling at their feet, Some say druids held secret meetings here, hidden away from sight within the steep walls of the gorge, others say witches used it as an execution block , but over time it got the name "The Devils Pulpit".

An early morning visit to Finnich Glen to beat the crowds & I had the place to myself for a while before the mad crowds descended on the place.

















The water was refreshingly cool & with just shorts & walking boots on, I got to a few places where some never see & glad I did as I have to say the photographs turned out better than expected.



I also had the invite from an old friend to access an old shooting bothy which I knew would make a great photograph, however on the day I visited it was the hottest day in Scotland so far this year & the waterfall had all but dried up, but it was still cool to visit & Im sure on my next trip hopefully with more water I will be rewarded with the photograph Im looking for.


 

The waterfall all but dried up



A quiet bay tucked away in the corner of the reservoir.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning countryside. Glad you were finally able to travel. We're worried over on this side of the pond. Those in the know realize our vaccinated count is too low to prevent a serious outbreak and it looks like we could be lining up for a dose.

    There is a guide saying to cover those who won't vax: Too stupid to feed themselves.

    I can only hope that my favorite trickster extracts his usual price for ignorance. Dog knows we've plenty of it over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi spike, so glad to be able to travel home again, it was great to see family & friends & catch up on so much we have missed. We are on the rise again on this side with the Indian variant but hopefully most wont be hospitalised with the vaccine programme doing really well here, a lot of sceptics here also who think they cant / wont catch it, until it comes & bites them on the ass, all of a sudden we are seeing long queues of younger people waiting for the vaccine, mmmm you weren't doing that 6 months ago when a select few were out partying & not giving a toss, but because the Indian variant is mainly hitting younger people the tune is changed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.