Thursday 26 December 2013

Congratulations 81 Today

First & Foremost Congratulations to Gordon who is the sprightly age of 81 today and still fishing.

A few weeks ago I was asked by Margaret, Gordon's wife if I would consider making him a float from a champagne cork he got last year for his 80th Birthday which was sitting on top of his bookshelf and wanted it turned into a float, so guess what he got for his 81st Birthday today from Margaret.








Not one float but two.







I was a bit apprehensive about making stuff like this as  firstly I didn't want to ruin the cork if I made a mistake and secondly I dont really like making floats which people are going to use for display purposes, but what the heck gave it a whirl and I hope if I reach 81 someone will return the favour so after practising on another two corks until I was finally happy with the result I moved onto Gordon's one.

A quick dip in the saucepan got it back to the shape it should be and work commenced.


I spilt the cork into two pieces and used the top half with the lettering as the display float for him which
I hope he will also use and with the bottom half made a smaller more usable float.

I hope you enjoy the floats Gordon and the very best wishes. Do keep me informed as to how it fishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.