Saturday 7 November 2015

Not a weekend for the fishing......REMEMBER!

With heavy rain falling for the last few days and more expected overnight tonight I was relieved that it was this weekend that it chose to fall, the webcam picture shows the canoeists having a good time though.



The current river levels are 1.49 m well above fish able and it will get higher before the weekend is over.
The reason I'm relieved even if the water was fish able I would not be on the river this weekend as it is Remembrance weekend and being a veteran of the British Army I make it my duty to march every year in memory of fallen comrades, some I knew and worked with closely in my years of service many I didn't know.


Medals Polished and beret dusted off ready to remember.









"They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old,
age shall not weary them nor the years condemn,
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We shall remember them."






Marine Davy Wilson 45 Royal Marine Commandos Killed San Carlos Water 27 th May 1982...Family Member.











Bdr Craig "Hoppo" Hopson Crew member and Friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.