Sunday 22 October 2017

Storm Damage

With another storm hitting our shores for the 2nd weekend in a row, it was a no go for the fishing. The rivers have been up & down all week then just as they are starting to settle another storm trashes the country at the weekend, last weekend it was Ex hurricane Ophelia and this week its storm Brian.

Not a good start to my Grayling season but at least Im well prepared with the amount of flies I have managed to tie, the two nymph boxes are full.





Dropper Box hasn't looked so full and in such good order for a while, but I dont see it staying this way for too long, if I get fishing.








The sloe whisky production is into full swing with 4 kilner jars full of berries and whisky and tucked away in the cupboard for a few months, and I was so bored yesterday before the heavy rain came on that I went and picked another couple of pounds in weight of berries so they have all been cleaned and are now packed away in the freezer until required.


The Grayling Society had its AGM & Symposium over this weekend but unfortunately due to work colleagues having holidays booked & me having to cover I never got the opportunity to attend but they were in my thoughts. I had the pleasure of purchasing & reading Steve Skuce's  book Grayling Flies which kept me occupied for a few hours.



A long standing member of the Grayling Society Steve has filled a gap in my library about Grayling & fishing for them as there was no books solely concentrating on the fly patterns for Grayling, this hole has now been plugged thanks to this book and its well written and explains each fly in great detail as well as how to fish them and the tackle, a good book all round.

Im hoping the next blog entry is one about fishing but who knows what storm will roll in over the next week or so, fingers crossed the weather improves.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping to get out with a float on this Tuesday the 24th, if the river drops enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only dream of midweek fishing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.