Wednesday 6 June 2018

Assignments

With so much to learn I decide last night to head out for a walk around my local area with the camera and start taking the advice of the book Im currently reading to try & improve my photography which sets assignments at the end of each chapter. Only way to improve is get out & about and start looking at things from different angles.






First port of call the old churchyard.









And a slightly different angle








The old clock tower

And couldn't forget  a walk along the river beside the devil's bridge.






The old raised walkway leading up to the river, now overgrown and unused.







One of the raised archway spanning an old drainage ditch


The bridge itself looking upstream 





And the downstream view, typically the fish are rising in the foreground when the rod is still at home.







With daisies along the top



The final loop around the fields before heading back home.




Assignments complete and the next chapter to look forward to. 
You really can teach an Old Dog new tricks!



2 comments:

  1. George!

    With you sprucing up your photography now I fell like Blackbeard the Photographer -- always cutting off heads, steeples, and generally butchering the shot.

    These are nice. That snap of daisies along the bridge take me right back to a memory of my early youth. I remember a fenceline along a cemetery in Bury St. Edmunds that had much the same display.

    You've got a nice touch for framing going there. I can't wait to see more river photography. I think the banks of your country offer that park-like dreaminess of heavy air I connect with the painting of Mary Cassatt. The atmosphere itself always seems an element of the depiction and in fine photographs of bankside scenes, I feel the same presence.

    Nice work and please, keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the very kind words of encouragement spike they are greatly received. Am sure your not as bad as you make out, before it was snap a shot & move on, now though Im taking time to think about things and enjoying it more, The fish though will continue to stay quick shots as I always return everything I catch but everything else will be more thought out. Thanks again Cheers george

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.