Sunday 14 October 2018

No Grayling Day Today

Today I was meant to be participating in the Yorkshire Dales Rivers Trust Grayling Day, however with Storm Callum hitting the country over the last few days that put paid to that, this is only the 2nd time since 1967 that it has been cancelled due to flooded conditions so not too bad going.

With the fishing off, I decided to head up onto the river anyway but instead of rod & reel I simply took the camera.






The photographs will simply tell the story of my walk along the stretch.








































































Same Photo different camera settings.



Back home in time for lunch, there's always next week for the fishing!


10 comments:

  1. Always worth a wonder. Splendid stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very much so mate, certainly beats being indoors.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyable.
    That river is ripping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive seen it a lot bigger Alan but its carrying some water for sure.

      Delete
  3. Geaorge
    I gave the rivers a wide berth this weekend George and went over to Thorp Perrow with the family instead. The Japanese Maples were simply stunning - my eldest took his camera and got some superb shots of the autumn colours.
    Alistair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alistair,
      The arboretum is literally 15 minutes walk from my front door, I do enjoy popping up there from time to time to clear my head, a lot of beautiful trees up there & this is the right time to see them in their glory.

      Delete
  4. Fly Cap Agaric, fantastic looking fungi, there were masses of them in the birch woods at Sandhurst, even the terriers never touched them but the slugs do. They're a turn of the seasons signpost. Regards, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for them for a few weeks John, I normally come across a few but this is the first I've seen this year.

      Delete
  5. would have been good to see you there .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andy, it would have been nice mate, off to the Grayling Society Symposium tomorrow morning for the weekend, thankfully no long road trips this time around only 30 minutes north .

      Delete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.