Tuesday 16 February 2010

Floats for Charity Update


I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Bill Walford publically for bidding & winning on the charity floats & box which I was auctioning off for Help for Heroes.
The winning Bid was £82 and I will round it up to £100 which will be donated to the charity.
The amount of Floats Bill will receive will be twice the amount stated on the auction as Bill's donation to charity was a generous one.
Thank you Bill and I hope the floats bring you hours & hours of happy catches.

"Bills reply on receiving the floats in the post"

Dear George,
I was out defrosting the car this morning when a Royal Mail van pulled across the path,
I knew what he had brought me.....The floats,
I took my wife to the station and when back home eagerley unwrapped the package....

George, what can I say, thank you just doesn't seem enough, what met my eye's.....these will give me pleasure until my last days....Just looking at them gives me a glow and to think of using them !!!

The "couple" of extra's ! !....George, thank you for your generousity...far more than I could ever have expected.....and thank you for including the Help for Hero's wrist bands, something I have been wanting to get hold of for sometime..

With your permission I am going to put a mention onto my clubs website [Royal Tunbridge Wells AS]...It's membership is mainly river anglers and I'm sure they will want to share my joy in your handywork. I'll just put a link to your site if that's OK ?
Thank you again,
Regards,Bill....


I have attached a copy of the letter received from RAF Leeming where the money for the charity was given, for security reasons some information has been struck out.




2 comments:

  1. not surprised about what geoege has done, he is a really generous all round good guy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.