Sunday 21 March 2010

Trout Lake

I did a thing today which I havent done in probably 8 - 10 years & that was fish for trout on a lake.With the river trout season still being closed in North Yorkshire I decided to give our club trout lake a bash as a stop gap to the trout season starting again on the 24th.

Not really kitted out fly wise for the rainbows I approached the lake with nymph tactics using nymphs I fish on the river. The wind was blowing in all directions making it hard all around the lake but every now and again when the wind went the odd fish would rise.

I managed to hook & loose 3 fish, just shows how rusty Im getting, but would rather loose stocked fish than wild brownies from the river so getting back into the swing of things and giving the lines a good clean etc was well worth it in preperation for the river.

A fishing friend was also there and this was one of the fish he managed to hook & land, and it fought extremely well even taking him to the backing line. Well done stuart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.