Thursday 29 April 2010

Loss of my Mother

As some of you will know I recently lost my mother to Cancer so have spent nearly the most of April in Scotland, visiting her in Hospital with my 2 brothers & then making funeral arrangements etc when she lost the battle and went to join my father.

Whilst among the chaos I managed to get away for 2 seperate days fly fishing on the River Avon, to take my mind off things. The river is where I learned to fish and fished non stop all through my childhood.

The efforts of Avon Angling Club must be commended as the fishing although slow at times due to weather conditions was excellent and these 3 fish all taken for the pot were taken on the dry fly. It was nice to see an even spread balance of small fish through to these stocked brownies, a testiment to the efforts of the club.
The fish weighed, 1.5lbs, 2.2lbs & 2lbs respectively








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.