Friday 7 May 2010

Weirpool Master MK1

I was asked recently by a barbel angler if I could produce a large float 10 - 14" Long which could hold lots of wrapped lead wire as he fished a weirpool on the River Trent and wanted to holdback in heavy water after the Barbel.
The instructions at 1st were a bit sketchy over it, it had to have a 2" sight tip made from Goosequill as the weirpool produced a lot of foam and it was required to see the float over the foam.
I thought of 25mm Balsa with a goosequill sight tip and seeing as it had to have lead wire around the stem then I would make it from cane for extra durability. I set about making the float and the results are shown in the picture below the Weirpool Master Mk1.
I have placed it next to a normal 5bb topper to show the scale of the larger float.
Since this float was the Mk1 version more instructions have come to light and the float the Mk2 version will be 18mm Balsa & 10 - 12" Goosequills. Watch this space for Weirpool Master MkII in coming weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.