Wednesday 29 September 2010

Welcome Few Hours Out.

Was in the doctors again waiting my turn when an auld boy I know from the fishing comes in and we got started chatting, I was telling him that I was gagging to get back onto the river bank again for a few hours and he suggested that we both go for an hour after our appointments and that he would nip into town & get some maggots as bait. Well I didnt need to be asked twice I was ready and sure enough around 12am he turns up and off we set on the 10 minute drive to our club stretch.He settled down in a peg at the bottom of a hole whilst I took the runs at the top, we werent after anything specific just nice to get back onto the river up to my knees in water. started trotting the float through and 2nd trot got a tug and away went the float, a nice chub.


When I bent down to take a picture of the fish I got a very strong wiff of the wild mint on the bank, it was just so nice to be back out again after all this time. a few trots more and this little guy then obliged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.