Thursday 30 September 2010

An afternoon on the Cover

After several weeks of fishing hell due to health problems I had it in my head recently that if I rested all day & had a good nights sleep I should be able to manage a trip to a very small river Ive only fished once in the past, The River Cover. There were plenty fish rising and I was totally amazed at what fly life was coming down the river in the way of naturals. I hooked and lost more fish than I care to remember and I was on a size 22 Blue dun, for some reason I just could not get them to stay on & if I went up a hook size they were not interested but I didnt care as it was my 1st trip out after being in hospital and it was just so good to get back out onto the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.