Sunday 21 November 2010

Tees Grayling

Decided yesterday that today I would take the cane rod back onto the tees and have a go at matching it to another couple of centrepins.
Athough the forecast was for drizzle most of the day I set off to the Tees with my Speedia and JW Young Purist II to give them a whirl on the rod.
Started off with the Purist and to be honest it felt balanced and in tune with the Rod that I didnt even bother getting the speedia out my bag. Even though the river was up around 2 - 3 ft on NSL it always fishes well with some extra water in it.
Today was no exception where I finished the day with 15 Lovely Grayling on the bank & several lost in the fight. A couple of the Grayling pulled the scales around to 1lbs 14oz, and I actually caught 1 large Grayling twice, once at the top of the pool and the 2nd time at the bottom of the pool easily identified by the distinguishing scar across its back from some sort of attack.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.