Tuesday 17 May 2011

River swale 17/05/11

Having the week off from work and finishing the garden jobs I had to get done today I headed off onto the Swale for the afternoon is search of the trout again.



On arriving at the river I saw a few fish rising in the streams so decided to have a go at them on dry fly. After a few minutes sitting on the bank watching them and trying to decide what they were taking I decided on my flies and set off chasing them, 6 small trout later I decided enough was enough and had a wander up the river.



I continued to catch small trout so decided it may pay off to switch to nymph and search out the bigger fish in the deeper runs, which paid off just as I was about to finish for the day, all in all not a bad couple of hours on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.