Sunday 6 November 2011

35th Grayling Society Symposium

Have just returned after a weekend of seeing old friends and meeting new ones at the Grayling Society Symposium Weekend in Appleby. I would personally like to thank Pat Stevens for organising a cracking weekend and also for the banter on the river today.

Paul Procter, Simon Johnson & Jeremy Lucas all gave great talks & demonstrations and I came away with a few new things learned.



The company at the Gala Dinner last night was 2nd to none and the craic was immense, The Charity Auction was well supported and some beautiful items & a jaw dropping sculpture auctioned off.



I even managed to bag a new Daiwa Fly Rod, after all it is made in Scotland and was I tormented about it going to an Englishman, & Mr John Roberts thats another book of yours I have managed to procure so will be looking for you to sign in...lol

Thankfully the rain held off and the river Eden was slightly up but clear when we were fishing it today and thankfully I managed to catch fish.....wrong species though as it was 7 trout & 1 Grayling that graced my net but nevertheless a weekend of immense fun & enjoyment. Till Next Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.