Thursday 7 June 2012

You've seen the floats now here's the flee.

Since my fly tying kit went adrift on a move back from Germany to England in 1998 I haven't tied a single fly, that is until tonight.
I went to visit a friend earlier and he has started tying his own flies so when he went to make the coffee I decided to see if I could blow away the old cobwebs, nothing fancy just a basic spider pattern.



 Now I dont claim to be any Davie McPhail or anything else but the flies I used to tie caught fish. I thought it wasn't too bad for a 14 year absence but I wont give up my day job...My fly tying friends who supply me with my flies please continue to do so I wont be anywhere near your standards, not even in another 14 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.