Saturday 11 August 2012

Old friends & new friends, a day at Lowther Country Fair

My good lady & myself decided change our plans &  headed over to the Lowther Game & Country Fair today as the weather was meant to be the best of the two days, and it also means I get to have my day's fishing tomorrow.
 I have to say the event was well organised and laid out with plenty of room to walk about and find a quiet space to have a sit down and watch the numerous events taking place in the 3 arena's.

I was looking forward to seeing the fishing island and  to see what was on offer but firstly had a mission to find an internet friend who I have been talking to on-line for several years now without ever meeting the guy.
I asked around a couple of AAPAGAI members who were demonstrating the fly casting techniques on the island to finally track him down to being away on Lunch!
After 10 minutes and not knowing what Steven looked like this fellow walked past me & something inside said this was the guy so I called his name & sure enough it was Steven.
A good chat ensued and it was nice to finally put a face to the name. It was also nice to meet another internet friend who had travelled up from Somerset  & was selling at the show with his fly tying equipment, Toby at Funky fly tying. Funky Fly Tying
Honest darling I only spent £5 at Toby's stall.......lol

There were plenty of good bargains to be got at all the fishing stands and my fly tying box has increased by a few spools of this & that as well as other gear that I needed...honest....lol
The well spaced out eating facilities, looking out to the main arena, got to keep up the stamina for all the hours of shopping.
I was talking to a stall holder about Polarized sunglasses away from the anglers arena when Jan Porter came over and started speaking sunglasses to me and one thing lead to another and Jan was a great supporter of  The forces Match fishing when I was participating in that so it was nice to catch up and find out what he is up to today and talk about all the new gear that Shimano has in the pipeline as Jan is a senior consultant for them.

I dont think this guy was impressed though by the look on his face.All in all a very good day enjoyed with old friends & new and the weather was lovely, something for all the family and I came away with some gear ready for the Grayling season and the wife even got a pair of shoes, so she's happy.

Well worth a visit if you are within travelling distance of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.