Saturday 22 December 2012

Another weekend with No Fishing!

Just like everywhere else in the country, the rivers are at bursting point & in some cases have burst, not good at any time but even worse at this time of year, thank heavens for living on a hill.
Again that 4 week rotation of the duty engineer noose has came around, Standby over Christmas I can handle but no fishing is disastrous...lol

So it looks like another week of fly tying, at least my boxes are getting topped up nicely, Just need a few days to try them out.

Gold Head & Pheasant Tail













Soft Touch Shrimp Variant

I would like to take this opportunity to thank firstly The Nurses & Doctors at the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton as 2 years ago yesterday I was hooked up to a Heart & Lung Monitor fighting for my life and they seen me through so without them I wouldnt be sitting today typing this blog.
To everyone who I have emailed, made floats for or just chatted across the many forums I frequent or met on the river bank whilst fishing, I wish you ALL a very Merry Christmas & a Prosperous New Year for 2013.


4 comments:

  1. All the best to you and yours George !!

    Ian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, Hope you & the family have a good one.

      Delete
  2. Happy Hogmanay and may you have a good 2013

    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.