Saturday 17 August 2013

In the footsteps of Reg

As most of my friends will know I'm a bit of a Grayling fanatic, and my passion for them above all other fish is well known so the last couple of weeks, I've been rekindling my love for the writings of Mr Reg Ryghini  in the Book "Grayling", the original 1968 version.
So its not a surprise that when I got to Appendix B that I had to make a couple of Reg's floats to just finish off the book I have read from cover to cover so many times in the past.

The only two things differing from Reg's original floats are the colouring which he always like to paint the bodies green and the loop at the end of the wire stem which I have replaced with very small eyes which can be used or simply slide a float rubber over to use without the eye.
I have differed the thickness's & lengths of the balsa bodies to suit different shotting weights.





At a smidgen over 3.5" which Reg says is the most useful size is the stained one the remaining two are just above 4" in body length





 varying the styles of paintwork on each individual float, but all with the bright red tips that he liked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.