Wednesday 18 December 2013

All Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Its always nice to receive letters from anglers who have tales to tell or fishing reports when they are based around the floats you make for them and that's exactly what was awaiting me when I arrived home from work today.

In August 2012 I made four trotting floats for an angler who was going to fish for Grayling on the River Test, In November 2012 they wrote me a letter telling me of their trip and what they had caught and how they had lost one of the floats which I wrote about on the blog.

It was great to hear from Maxine again today informing me that the Annual Pilgrimage to the River Test had come and went & that they had some excellent sport and believe it or not almost a year on from loosing the float had received it back again.
In Maxine's own words.......
Hi George

Just thought I drop you a line to update you on the lost float. I don't know if you remember but you made me four topper style floats in 2012 for me to use on my yearly fishing trip for Grayling on the river Test.
This year I returned in late November for two days fishing the weather was fine and the river looked fantastic. Fishing was brilliant caught lots of Grayling a few Brown trout and three Sea trout. The icing on the cake was when Heidi the fishery bailiff arrived clutching my lost float....................so now I have all four.
I hope to return to the Test in 2014 but I have been invited by friends for a weeks Grayling fishing in the Scottish borders in October I can't wait sure it will for fantastic fishing I hope you have had a good year the blog is looking as great as ever so don't stop.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Maxine
Thanks Maxine and always nice to hear from anyone who who is fishing with the floats I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.