Saturday 21 February 2015

Olive Wood Display

Seeing as I had completed a few bodied waggler display floats I wanted to turn my attentions back to my preferred floats which are of course river floats, With completing a few cork avons over the past week or so I decided to stick with the theme and create something similar for the Display floats, so armed with some Spanish Olive wood I set about turning down an Avon style full length float.


Not wanting to take anything away from the lovely wood grain that it produced once turned down, I painted the stem black and finished it off with some red silk wraps & mounted it on the Yew bases which I make from scratch for each display.








A close up of the wood grain on the front of the avon float.










A close up of the wood grain on the back of the avon float.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.