Saturday 22 October 2016

Break over, Its time to fish.

A lot has happened since my last blog entry, and together with my good lady we have both been to far flung places on our holidays for 3 weeks.

We started off in Shanghai China for a few days enjoying the sights.


Where as you can see fishing was still on my mind, but I didn't fancy being arrested so let them be after feeding them.













where we then joined our cruise ship on the Yangtze river and headed for Okinawa in Japan.







after Okinawa we headed to Hong Kong




then onto Danang in Vietnam where I put my life into the hands of a Vietnamese pedal cab driver....now that was an experience.













Ho Chi Mihn in Vietnam followed before finally ending up in Singapore for another few day stop over, where we left the tea & tiffin to the people appropriately dressed at the Raffles Hotel and partook in a drink in the famous long bar at the hotel, home of the infamous Singapore sling.














Whilst in Singapore I was getting itchy fishing hands so tracked down the only fly fishing & fly tying shop in Singapore.
                                   






Coho Fishing tackle 

I had a cracking few hours in the company of Michael the owner who really made me welcome and went away with a quite a few goodies thanks to him. If your ever in Singapore please do look him up and visit the shop he will look after you and he stocks very good fly tying materials and equipment at reasonable prices.


Now its back home and time for the season I look forward to all year, The Grayling season so before heading back to work on Monday I plan to start the season off up the Dale tomorrow in search of the lady of the Stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.