Sunday 4 March 2018

Older or Wiser?

With the whole of the UK in the grips of a bitter & hard week, all I wanted to do was go fishing.


In years gone past I've seen myself completely white as I stood in the middle of a river but I must either be getting old or wiser, probably older and although the mind said go, the body said no, stay in by the fire and keep warm, exactly what I did.

So another week passes without any fishing & its costing me a fortune as I have more time to shop for the new trout season which is fast approaching  and buy the things I think I might need but instead of stretching it through the season, Im well prepared for the start.

A few more flies being tied for various situations which might arise.






a couple of Klinks for Klink & Dink










A couple more nymphs to add to the already bulging boxes.


and a couple of small dries just to top off the boxes.

As the Grayling season slips quickly by with only another week or so remaining I think thats it for them and I start to pack away the Grayling bugs & flies for another season and think more towards the Trout season and the long summer nights with Golden Brown Trout. 




6 comments:

  1. George stay at the vise, and keep your wallet closed.
    The parachute posts, are they aero wing material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan, Wallet is almost empty so I wont have any choice with that...lol, Yes mate they are aero wing posts.

      Delete
  2. George - maybe you should add "poorer" to older and wiser although those look like some nice flies to have at your disposal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mark Poorer for sure but I will have all the gear & you know what they say about that....All the gear & no idea...lol

      Delete
  3. Sweating out spring here too, George. Maybe next weekend. Looked at Mill Creek this morning. Still running "record" but is going down.

    Love that kettle though I've gone to the solo stove myself. I have a weakness for tortellini and tomato basil soup in the spring and need a small pot I can rinse and wash after lunch as well as brew coffee. I'm a cowboy coffee sort of fellow, anyway. I'm getting soft. A cold ham and cheese isn't enough anymore. I want a hot lunch when in cold water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with having something hot in the cold Spike, I tend to be lazy in the winter months and simply take a flask to save faffing around but in the spring & summer I prefer my kelly kettle, I've got a smaller one now than that in the picture, it holds 2 pints, more than enough for a few cups at lunchtime. I also feel that if taking a flask I dont generally sit at peace and swig down the coffee and get back to the fishing where waiting on the kettle to boil I sit & reflect more on the day so far and whats around me, taking more time over it .

      Delete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.