Sunday 11 November 2018

Respects

My medals were cleaned, my shoes polished and a suit ironed it was a day of remembrance for all those brothers & sisters who had paid the ultimate price.




Like most veterans we all turned up UK & World wide to pay our respects to the fallen, many we did not know & some we had the privilege to serve beside.











It was particularly nice to bump into Jason an old Battery member from my last Gun Battery I served in, 129 (China) Battery, two old dragons together remembering & reminiscing.





Afterwards it was my own personal time & for me there is nothing more soul searching than getting way from it all for an hour onto the river, and thats exactly what I did.

The Dale looked gloomy in the rain and mist that was blanketting it.


The river was carrying a bit more water due to all the weekend rain we have had but I was determined if nothing else to get away for an hour so dropped in at my chosen spot and started off on nymphs.





Thankfully the rain eased off and the sun came out to play for a half hour or so, as the clouds broke from time to time.









It was about 45 minutes into it when the line twitched and I slipped the net under a small Grayling.







Tied up the other night they had accounted for the only fish of the day.












I managed just over an hour on the river and as I was walking away I turned after hearing all the resident geese lifting off in a frackas as something had clearly disturbed them and sure enough a fox crossing over the field where they had just come from.


just over an hour away but very satisfying. 

4 comments:

  1. George thank you for your service.
    Your day was enjoyable, because any day outdoors is enjoyable, and when your fishing that just add to the pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kind sir, as you say Alan any day outdoors is enjoyable & long may it last.

      Delete
  2. George, A lovely post, thank you. Regards, John

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.