Tuesday 20 August 2019

Dont you just hate Thursdays...

I've been following the pattern of nature for the last few weeks and that is the heavens open on a Thursday night through till a Friday morning, the rivers are lovely up until this point but come Saturday & Sunday you can guarantee they are thundering through!

For almost the last month thats been the regular weekly event in my region, thankfully its only the Brown Trout season and not really my thing but its stops me getting out for the Grayling especially on the dry fly as nothing better than catching Grayling on the dry fly on a nice summers evening.

So with this in mind my walking boots have seen a lot more action this year than normal and that means the camera being in action.






I revisited a quiet Dale close to my home that I feel is away from the mad crowds of visitors & holiday makers and you can spend the full day wandering without seeing another soul.





Some of the many cascades on the small side becks which feed the main beck.



The walk up the beck resulted in a few good shots the choice to wear a pair of wellies definitely the right choice.




I opted to do a bit of beck walking back to a place where I've only discovered one more online photograph of the waterfalls apart from the shots I've taken & this was a single shot taken back in 1988.




It may not be fishing for Grayling but it certainly soothes the soul.























Here's hoping for fishing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.