Monday 20 December 2021

A couple of ladies & their little sisters

 I decided to hit the water today seeing as it was at a decent height & get away from the house for a few hours, I had toyed with the idea of heading onto the hills but the urge to go fishing was greater so threw the gear in the back of the car & headed up the Dale.



Its been a while since this lot last seen a riverbank. August was its last airing & I was hoping the Ladies hadn't forgot me.







I needn't have worried within 15 minutes of being in the river the first lady slipped into the net, albeit a small fish I wasnt going to complain.




Dont you just love when the rod tip is bent into a fish, definitely  a bit bigger than the 1st little lady.








The fish were getting bigger and I wasnt complaining although the next couple of fish went the opposite way before the rod tip really did bend round and I knew the next fish was going to be a better stamp of fish.




At 1st I thought it was an out of season trout the way it was behaving but it soon became apart when the dorsal fin broke the surface it was no trout.





A lovely lady graced the net & I knew then that they hadn't forgot me.






a couple of quick photographs & off she went to fight another day.

Another couple of smaller fish followed and fishing up through many of the runs resulted in nothing at all. I decided to walk to the top of the section and see if any fish were moving to surface flies as generally this is a good indicator & I needed a coffee to warm me up a bit.

There was a few small fish breaking the surface but not in any great numbers so I decided to stick with the set up I had and merely swapped out the point fly which I would later reap the rewards for.






Another hour or so had passed without much movement so I dropped down into a shallow glide which has always been good to me in the past & once again it did not disappoint, 2nd time through the indicator stopped and I tightened up, point fly change had done the trick.







Again I was graced with another decent lady and a couple of pictures and she was gone to where she came from.

I fished down through the pool & connected with another smaller lady before I finally decided to head home and call it a day, 9 little sisters & 2 ladies were the tally for 5 hours and I was delighted to be back out & connecting with such lovely creatures again.


6 comments:

  1. Definitely my favourite fish - all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. without doubt, Ive had the pleasure of the ladies for many years & may it continue. All the best.

      Delete
  2. Hi George,

    Looked like a very productive trip there with some good looking ladies coming to hand!

    I have not been out for a while because of work and weather. I am off until January now and was hoping to get out this week but the Covid booster earlier in the week knocked me for six! Hopefully I will get out onto the Tees or Leven shortly. The family and I also have some trips planned over the Moors to some of the more secluded corners.

    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Take Care & Stay Safe

    Alistair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alistair, Hope your feeling better from the Jab, Ive not had any ill effects on my 3, Touch wood it continues if we need more. Thats the 1st time out in months for me and it was nice to get out, Im sure you will enjoy just as much as I did when you get out. Sorry for late reply, Ive been gallivanting up in Scotland over Christmas. Hope you had a good Christmas & all the best for the New Year when it comes.
      Cheers
      George

      Delete
  3. merry christmas george..Larry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Larry & Happy New Year
      Cheers George

      Delete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.