Saturday 18 December 2021

Final Outing in Englandshire

 Before I jump across the border for Christmas with the family & hopefully get some winter walking in, It was time to get out for a final time in Englandshire.. 😃

I have my sights firmly set on walking every hill & valley in the Howgills so to get some miles under my belt I headed back there for a few I haven't done.





The view looking west up & beyond Bowderdale from the top of Hooksey





And the view east across the top of Weasdale Head


I had been walking for a couple of hours without seeing another soul, just the way I like it when off in the far distance I seen a couple walking along the tops where I was heading but by the time I had dropped down from Hooksey & up over the land bridge of Leathgill Bridge they had dropped from sight so as I had the summit of  Randygill Top all to myself.





As expected there was a covering of ice on most puddles.







Having achieved what I wanted for the day it was time to set up camp & hopefully grab some night photography shots but the clouds at sunset were rolling in.



Home for the night set up







5pm & in total darkness







The view at 2am with the moon out & the ISO turned up slightly on the camera.






The morning I awoke to a good view of a cloud inversion taking place around me.











Time to pack up & head out again with another couple of tops knocked off the list & a reset for myself.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & a Prosperous New Year  & who knows I might even get some Grayling fishing done in the New year as I cant quite get the time to grab a few hours whilst the river levels are fishable.

2 comments:

  1. cracking pictures mate ..... where's the selfie? merry christmas mate. larry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Did not want to break another Lens Larry hence no selfie.. Merry Christmas to you & your family buddy, I hope your in good health. All the best George

      Delete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.