Wednesday 4 April 2012

Black Seal Trotting Rod

After a wee mishap at work today which wont allow me to be fishing for a few days due to a cracked rib I decided to use my time wisely, so made a start on the restoration of the Black Seal Rod that I bought at the start of March for the sum of  £20.


















As always I started by stripping off all the old eyes and intermediates and giving the cork handle and cane a good rub down and looking after the transfer & rod name as always.  I have to admit it has came out as expected a nice honey colour which once all the fittings and whippings are back on will come up nice.
Will keep you updated as the rod progresses but am not in any hurry as the Grayling Season is a long way off yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.