Saturday 14 July 2012

Dragons, Trout & Grayling

I have been watching the weather like a hawk the last few days and hoping that no rain would spoil an afternoon session I was hoping to get on the river and after the normal Saturday duties with the wife after lunch I was free for a few hours to get onto the river.

I had barely just started and the heavens opened with a heavy downpour which resulted in a couple of new friends taking refuge on my rod.










They were two banded demoiselle dragonflies, the female brown in colour and this male blue  in colour, the male obliged for a photograph whilst the female took to the wings.
.

After the rain subsided I managed to hit a few small par then a couple of Grayling made an appearance, this one being the best of the bunch.









Another few small par before getting a better trout
and calling it an afternoon, but a lovely afternoon despite the heavy rain shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.