Friday 17 August 2012

Nymphs for Coloured water

As I explained earlier in the year I haven't tied a fly since 1998, but after visiting a friend and making up a few spiders, I decided this coming Grayling season that I wanted to see if I could tie up a few patterns myself and see if they would catch as there is nothing more satisfying than catching fish on tackle you have made yourself. Looking through a couple of books and using a bit of imagination I tied up these weighted bugs which am sure will tempt the Lady of the Stream in coloured water if nothing else.





















The last fly the Pink Bug is a fly I always have in my Grayling box as its accounted for lots of good Grayling from many rivers throughout the years and when I seen the Flouro floss on Toby's stall at Lowther that's when I took the decision to get some made, a nice change from float making and rod refurbishment.

They wont win any prizes but if they catch some Grayling then that's all that matters.

2 comments:

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.