Thursday 4 April 2013

Duck's Butt

 For the non fly tying people who read my blog, I just want to say this isn't a new fetish or craze I'm involved in but"Cul De Canard"  literally translated from French means Ducks Butt or Ducks Ass or better known as CDC and was coined in the 1950s by a French fly tier, and here is me only just now using it now for the first time, not too bad its only taken 63 years to get around to me!

I received my package of CDC & other fly tying paraphernalia  from Lucian in Romania yesterday and  as always a 1st class service provided by him.troutline

CDC with Sow-bug Grey Dubbing



I'm still not 100% sure the length the CDC should be on the patterns, I know from reading is that it wants to be in a tear-drop shape, but varies from fly to fly, so if anyone can give me some advice it would be gratefully received.







CDC with Shrimp Olive Dubbing




                           View from behind


Another new technique tried, lets now see what it does on the River this season.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps your Fifties fly tier was a Teddy Boy? You know, complete with Duck's Arse hairstyle? Did he ever tie a fly called a Brothel Creeper? Drain Pipe trousers? Bootlace Ties... Ties? Geddit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hippo stick to the day job...lol, hope your well mate.

      Delete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.